3 August 2015
- So enjoyable when science proves what people have known all along: researchers use pigs to root out problem weeds. I particularly like the suggestion that “[t]his method of weed control could be used in organic farms”.
- I’m also all for the scientific study of gluten intolerance, and this report on gluten psychosis boggled my mind.
- Can it be possible, though, that food-safety scientists refer enquiries to Wikipedia? Yes it can: “FDA officially refers consumers to Wikipedia for information on food pathogens”.
- And staying with food safety, what would be a suitable punishment for someone who knowingly sold Salmonella-laced peanut butter? Life imprisonment?
- Rachel Laudan plumbs Knight’s New Mechanical Dictionary to consider My Great Grandmother’s Industrially Processed Food. She spoke to me about the benefits of industrial sugar and salt a couple of years ago.