Arise, ye starvelings
1 May 2017
- We peasants, artisans and others Are explaining our lives to cultural commentators.
- Enrolled among the sons of toil Or, perhaps, among the open source, robotic, small-scale farm workers.
- Let’s change the earth henceforth for brothers And sisters, natch, by pausing in our wanderings to crack a walnut or two.
- Drive the indolent from the soil No! Make the indolent pick their own.
- On our flesh too long has fed the raven Consumer capitalism eats a chocolate factory and a way of life.
- We’ve too long been the vulture’s prey Those vultures have already increased the price of fruit and veg in the UK.
- But now farewell the spirit craven Farewell too to Five Myths About Medieval Cuisines.
- The dawn brings in a brighter day A day on which I would be free to attend the Creative Tastebuds Symposium in Denmark in September.