27 July 2015
Real finger food for digital appetites
- The oldest bread in England has been unearthed. How long before someone bakes a replica?
- Smithonian magazine explains how much we owe pimps. See the love apple in a whole new light.
- Immigrants grow exotic crops, local neighbourhood rejoices, this time in St Louis. I officially declare this a trope.
- A great writer reviews what sounds like a great anthology: Pleasures of the Literary Meal by Bee Wilson, on Christina Hardyment’s Pleasures of the Table: A Literary Anthology.
- And speaking of great writers, I’ve pledged to enable Jonathan Meades to produce The Plagiarist in the Kitchen, and you can too.