- To mark Sourdough September here’s The Biology of … Sourdough, a little something Bread Magazine dredged up from 2003, when the world of artisanal bread was new and fresh.
- What Would It Take to Feed the Entire Human Population with Nothing but Mycoprotein?.
- Tom Nealon has a great piece constructing, deconstructing and reconstructing the Sloppy Joe.
- The recent Daily Chart from The Economist perplexed me.
- Xylella update:
- On Thursday, the European Court of Justice may decide on the amount of Italy’s bill.
- A gushing press release announced “a hope for the future with the first oil from olives infected with Xylella”.
- An editorial rebuttal followed rapidly.
- (Translations at 2019 Olive Harvest in Puglia Begins for First Crop of Xylella-Resistant Cultivars and Correction to the Preceding.)
New newsletter. Links freely available here. For more “commentary,” subscribe.