2 October 2017
- What will happen during the forthcoming avocado glut.
- I found about that from Marc Bellemare’s piece on avocadonomics, which contains the remakable words “In the process of preparing for my call with Kyle, I read a whole bunch about avocados, as they were a commodity I knew little about.” How many pundits do that?
- Partial closure on the case of The Codfather — 46 months in the slammer. The original story featured in ETN 051 in March.
- The Lancet looks forward to a world without hunger.
- I wonder what the domestic goddesses who taught Emily Gould how to be an adult think about world hunger. They’re against it too, I feel certain.
- Anti-science reaches a new nadir as Italians vandalise a field trial of Xylella-resistant olives.