20 October 2015
A day late and a dollar short.
- Small slaughterhouses are perhaps the most important link missing from shorter food chains.
- An interesting piece from the New York Times about how written recipes are changing, becoming both less prescriptive and more explanatory.
- A wonderful interview reveals the making of a baker, Louis Lamour. Spend some time watching his videos.
- Peter Hertzmann – we recently talked about Just Mayo – also has a new video, about tomatoes (and how to slice them).
- Can you really talk about “how simplicity can often be a chef’s best friend,” when the chef’s cacio e pepe contains extra Manchego cheese and “a generous shower of Oregon black truffles”? I’m not sure, but I’ll try to find out next time I’m in Arlington, Virginia.