What happened to 005? Work got in the way. Maybe later.
30 June 2015
- Hands up all those who thought the fish in sushi had to be raw? Nordic Food Lab has some news for you as it seeks “to reproduce a gravlax, in its old fermented version, that is delicious to us now – or let’s say, for this first trial, at least palatable”.
- Could you make 1,000,000 good tortillas a day? Chipotle founder Steve Ells is working “to make artisanal tortillas on an industrial scale”.
- I remember the concert for Bangladesh, but nobody seems to want to celebrate the good news with a big party at the Albert Hall. Bangladesh is no longer a basket case; it’s a food basket.
- A guide to egg labels for the confused, which is all of us. I’d love to see cross-country comparisons.
- Smaller peaches save water and taste better. No surprises there. So why aren’t people buying them? A sad story of one California farm family trying to adapt to climate change.
- Bonus shameless self-promotion. Good thing the regulations that preserve Parmigiano-Reggiano say nothing about who works the dairies. BBC News reports on Punjab in the Po.