28 March 2016
Fuzzy, and logical
- This paean to Kampot pepper seems full of holes to me. (Not least that guff about “France’s Gruyere cheese,” which is well out of order and out of date.)
- I’ve taken an interest in butter since before the very first Eat This Podcast. This comparison of Anatolian and Nordic butter scratches that itch.
- Have we had enough of foraged food yet? Apparently not, but all foraged food is not created equal.
- Is a rice cooker the smartest gadget in the kitchen? Maybe. (You’ll see what I did there once you’ve read the article.)
- But is it smart enough to make any of 15 kinds of crispy rice bottoms?
- Shameless self-promotion. Did you know I have this other thing, Pick of the Podcasts? This week, I’m showcasing three podcasts that are up for a James Beard Foundation award. So, that’s shameless squared.