10 October 2016
Authentic food news
- The Xylella outbreak in Italy is bad enough without appalling “journalism” to make it worse. Major Italian Daily “La Stampa” Rehashes Xylella Noise as Scoop.
- Usually plant domestication and agriculture enables population expansion. Here’s a new idea: Population boom preceded early farming.
- That rhetoric, about how US agriculture feeds the world? Not the poor world, that’s for sure. Here’s the big report, and the rabble-rousing exegesis.
- And, to follow that, a very thoughtful piece from Katherine McDonald on the past eight years in US farm and environment policy, which I already tweeted.
- Craft beer sticks it to The Man.