6 February 2017
- Me, I’m not weeping over the iceberg lettuce shortage in the UK. The silver lining: It prompted this little post that explained just how precarious supply lines are and offered some alternatives. I recognised all except Tango. What is it?
- More biodiversity for citizen scientists. Rob Dunn’s lab at North Carolina State University wants you to pay particular attention to pumpkin predators. There’s a very contentious statement in the middle of that piece, which I might address elsewhere.
- A favourite contributor to Eat This Podcast gets star treatment: Ken Albala “takes on the tangled world of noodles”.
- A global history of the coconut, with recipes.
- On the other hand, some coconut scholars don’t fully agree. Dig deeper.