4 September 2017
- Although it seems like it has been around forever, Chez Panisse opened only 46 years ago. Alice Waters reminisces.
- And speaking of restaurants and white supremacy, here’s Rachel Laudan on Tunde Way on whiteness …
- … and Civil Eats on Detroit and restaurants and blackness.
- How soon before some fancy white restaurant appropriates choi jhal?
- Matteo Petitti (remember him?) reports on millet as a response to future droughts in Italy. And yes, you can make millet pasta, if you must.
- Which brings us to: Italian pasta labels test limits of EU law. There’s a lot more to this than meets the eye, and Politico does a good job of making it visible.
- That’s an example of what Michaela DeSoucey calls gastronationalism. Self-promotion: listen to her talking about foie gras